July 20, 2011

WILW #5 (Mboro Edition).

What I Love Wednesday!

1. The Avenue. A shopper's paradise. A little smaller than Turkey Creek in Knoxville, the Avenue has Barnes&Noble, Ulta, Belk, Altard State (one of my favorites!), Sweet CeCes, and a handful of restaurants. I can definitely see myself venturing here on the weekends...after my first paycheck, of course!


2. Old Fort Park. This is a really cute park 10 minutes from my aunt's. I've only driven around it, but it looks like a great place for families to have weekend picnics and bike rides. Not to mention, there's a pretty little greenway!


3. MTSU. Yes, I have moved from one college town to yet another college town. I just realized that Monday night as I was driving into the Boro. I refuse to become a Raider fan. Absolutely refuse. I will sport my orange proudly on Game Day Saturdays in the fall. Nevertheless, the campus is huge and really pretty. MTSU being so close and seeing students out and about shopping for dorm stuff will be a steady reminder of fun times in my college days.


4. Panera Bread. I've always loved Panera. But the one here is 1) where I can get Internet access for now, 2) right across from a Target, and 3) really friendly. So yes, the Panera employees, my computer, and I plan on being good friends together..


5. Getting "lost" in Murfreesboro.

Because I'm still in exploring this new city, I've had to use my resources to seek local restaurants, events, etc. A huge resource is my car, in which I have intentionally at times driven off the Google Maps directions just so I can find out where things are. For example, I drove ten minutes in the wrong direction finding the school board location, but I did find a Sonic and Starbucks along the "lost" way!
I'm excited to try out places such as the Goodness Gracious Cafe, Jersey Shore, and The Learning Circle. The exciting thing is that there's a Target, Super Target, and two Wal-Marts within ten minutes of me!


So this may or may not be one of my last WILWs temporarily due to the upcoming teacher conferences/school meetings/classroom set-up time I will have in the next two weeks. I was at my first new teacher conference today, which got me really pumped about teaching 1) with these wonderful new ideas, 2) with a great team of new teachers at my school, and 3) in my own classroom! With that said, I will definitely try to post blogs in some of my down time! :)


Teaching-related comment: Rick Morris is the bomb! He is a speaker at our conference this week, and I am hanging onto his every classroom idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers