July 19, 2011

101 in 1001: #1 Move to a new city and “start over.”


On Monday night, I moved from Knoxville, the city I called home for the past five years of my life, to Murfreesboro, a new city I hope to call home for this next chapter of life. Last night was very hard because it finally set in that I'm no longer with my second family.

Some say leaving home to go to college is one of the hardest things to do, but I don’t think so. Leaving college, your four, or in my case five years, of memories, friendships, and essentially a second family, is even harder.

I’ve officially moved into this new city, where I’m basically starting from scratch. I love change. I love new opportunities for growth. But this was a lot harder than I thought. On my way out of Knoxville yesterday, I was pretty much in tears every ten minutes. I had not had a good cry leading up to that day...until I actually left with my car, my stuff, my memories...but not my friends. Gosh, I wish so badly I could transplant them to Murfreesboro with me!

With that said, I woke up this morning with a renewed energy. I'm going to load up more boxes of all the classroom stuff I've accumulated from my parents' house. I am ready to see my classroom, move my things in, and set up this wonderful third grade room! And you bet I'll be posting pictures when that happens. :)

I've been posted up in the corner by an outlet at Panera for an hour now, catching up on emails, blogs, Faceboook, etc. I will not have major internet access at my aunt's house, but I will try to check my emails and all that fun stuff every day. My plan today is to get lost in this city, get more things unpacked, go Target-ing, re-organize my teaching/classroom stuff, and go to bed early! I have to get up at 6AM for the next three days! Bye-bye, summer! Hello, real world!


So even though I don't have my own place yet and I haven't quite began teaching, the beginning of a new chapter of life has started. I hope to have a WILW Mboro edition soon! New city, new start!

And this city shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and a glory before all the nations of the earth who shall hear of all the good that I do for them. They shall fear and tremble because of all the good and all the prosperity I provide for it. -Jeremiah 33:9

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how exciting! I moved out of state my first year teaching, so I certainly understand the emotions. I'm also a third grade teacher and can't wait to follow you throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete

Followers