July 9, 2011

101 in 1001: #27 Influence someone to make a Day Zero list.

From Merriam-Webster's online dictionary:

I love the responses I have been getting with my blog, from both friends and people I don't know. My intentions are not to gain popularity for vanity sakes, but rather to put my thoughts into reflections and reflections into words.
#27 on the list is to influence someone to make their own 101 in 1001 list. I've heard from various friends that they would love to do something like that. My fellow sweet blogger friend has created her own list: Chelsey's 101 in 1001.

I would encourage you to create your own 101 in 1001 list. It's similar to a bucket list, but perhaps one with a more immediate deadline. I also think it's interesting to think about how old you'll be or where in your life you'll be in 1001 days. What motivated me to create a 101 in 1001 list was the realization of starting this new chapter of my life, in which I am becoming more and more independent. It's scary knowing there are now no "rules" to how I should live my life, yet the consequences are immediate and real. For example, no one can tell me how to spend my money, yet if I don't create a budget or be financially disciplined, I could be broke really fast. And if I'm financially screwed, no one can help me with that. That's big girl talk right there.

So I guess my list is a way for me to remember not to sweat the small stuff. And while these next few months will be new-scary and adult-scary, it's fun-scary too.

I had a wonderful time tonight with my friends in Knoxville. Some old friends, some new. All just beautiful individuals who make me think about how blessed life can be if we pursue it to the fullest.




View my 101 in 1001 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers