June 21, 2011

Time is not on my side.

I feel that these next four weeks will be completely surreal and a wheel of emotions. I packed 3 large boxes yesterday. If you look at my apartment now, it probably looks like I put a little dent in it, but those 3 boxes took two and a half hours to pack! I'm trying to do a little at a time, so that my last week here isn't overwhelming. Because I already know it will be hard.

I meet my third graders in 43 days. I'm beyond excited. I've cried enough tears of sadness when I think about leaving where I've called home for nearly six years. Enough of that. God has been working in and through me to be okay with leaving because this new chapter in life is what He desires for me.

While packing yesterday, I came across some of my sweet third graders' letters to me when I left for my secondary placement in December. It was then that I remembered just how much I love teaching.


2 comments:

  1. Aww, Ada! I know it's tough. I just left a school that I had been at for four years to pursue another 3rd grade position at a different school. It was so difficult, but student letters like the one above, encouragement from my colleagues, and constant prayer kept me going. Good luck packing! Your new kids are going to love you just as much as your "old" kids. :)

    Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, thank you! You are so encouraging! I am learning so much from your blog! :)

    Ada

    ReplyDelete

Followers