June 13, 2011

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing."



So it has been a week since I got a job teaching third grade. I am still beyond thrilled, although now the reality has set in that I will be facing the challenges of moving, saving money, finding a new church, finding a new circle of great friends, and actually being a legit teacher in Murfreesboro. Wow. I am so pumped, nervous, scared, and excited...all at the same time.

But this post is more about what God has taught me thus far this year, something I feel very strongly He has revealed to me through this week. Even before getting this teaching position, I had a supportive group of friends who not only prayed for me, but verbally encouraged me. That means so much. When I got the amazing news, I im
mediately: 1) called my mom, 2) texted my roomie & close friends, 3)Tweeted, 4) texted my mentor teacher. I could not help but brag on how big God was showing off in my life at that very moment.

What was even more amazing was how supportive my friends were, either via FB or in person. I've learned that the friends who I can truly lean on, trust, and pray for were there supporting me and showing encouragement 110%!

And then I started thinking of this crazy/beautiful year I've had. I've learned a lot about what it means to not
lean on my own understanding but to let love and life flow from Him. This year has been one with a variety of sleepless, unmotivated, beautiful, heartbreaking, merciful, and content days. Through it all, He has never given up. And I've seen that through the beautiful friendships He's put in my life...







And this does not even do justice to the other wonderful peeps in my life right now. I cannot believe I get to wake up every day from now till the end of summer and know that I will be encouraged and get to encourage and love on these amazing individuals who go strong for Jesus every day. Truly, I am so grateful. You all are a true blessing in my life right now. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers