October 7, 2011

Productive Friday.

I've loved staying in, sleeping in, staying up late (past 10:30 is a feat some nights!), relaxing, and getting my diet coke with vanilla on easy ice during Happy Hour at Sonic. But alas, any break must come to an end. So today I decided to become productive in preparations for the second half of the semester.

I made lots of foldables/shutter books for reading....
50+ foldables made...

For the next week's reading story.

Graded...
Numbers aren't really my thing. This only shows one subject...literally gives me a headache!

Organized stuff on my jump drive (I'd have a heart attack if I lost this, which I almost do every week)...


Reorganized my reading groups and centers....

Began thinking of new behavior incentives/plans...

Pinterested...

Okay that last one was a given. I've done that every day this week. But I've also made sub plans, made pasta salad for lunch, typed math lesson plans from now til mid-November, made my monthly newsletter, and began my lesson plan for my second observation (next week). Yeah, this day felt like a full day's of work...only I'm at home in my pajamas and there's no kids. Overall, I think this break has been great, but I feel ready to renovate and refine some of the things that have worked and have not worked the first nine weeks, and make my classroom better for the second nine weeks. I was hugely inspired by some wonderful teacher blogs, especially ILove2Teach, 3rd Grade Gridiron, and Classroom Freebies. It amazes me how these full-time teachers who already wear so many hats (wife, mother, graduate student, volunteer) can devote time to blog their ideas and stories. It's truly amazing & inspiring!

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'm so excited for some awesome football tomorrow! GO VOLS, beat those dawgs!

At the beautiful Neyland Stadium last year with friends.

Source: gloryhaus.cameoez.com via LizPaige on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers