How is this possible? I thought this would be one of the tougher tasks to accomplish on my list! I love clothes, but the older I get the more I realize it's not just about shopping til you drop. It's more about wearing what makes you feel confident and comfortable.
As I toted my enormous containers and hangers of clothes to my walk-in closet a few weeks ago, I wanted an organized closet that could work for me. The first 30 minutes of stepping into my closet was a trip and a half. Seriously, please look at this closely. Specifically, look closely at the hot mess on the floor of my closet.
Seeing the massive amounts of clothes I had for various seasons and knowing that most of my paycheck the first couple months would go to big-item purchases/necessities (groceries, home stuff, etc), I knew that buying clothes would be out of the question.
I'm still in the process of organizing my closet. I still need to get out my winter tub of clothes. Again, I think now that I'm having to dress professionally on a daily basis, it's more about what makes me feel good for straight 12-hour workdays. But that's not to say my Pinterest addiction to fashion/style is gone. In fact, I've been more inspired than ever. And I've also discovered Polyvore. Like I have time to spend on these sites (except this Fall Break week!). I know what I like & don't like, but I don't know how to explain my "style" preferences. Maybe you can figure it out and put it in definite words.
What I do love:
scarves (never too many)
a great pair of heels
bold prints
Just wait until Black Friday...I will be going bananas for some quality clothes, shoes,...and probably another scarf or two.

No comments:
Post a Comment