August 26, 2011

Dear third graders,

After guzzling down my coffee and making preparations for the day, I am so thrilled to see all your beautiful faces in the mornings. When I stand by my door to greet you, I love to just stare and see all these different expressions on your faces. Some of you have a big grin, excited to start the day. Some of you give a little smirk. Then there are some of you who look as if you just rolled out of bed five minutes ago. Whatever the case may be, whether you're happy on the outside or inside, my hope is that you feel good about yourself and this day when you walk into our classroom.

You have truly worn me out, yet energized me so much. It is you and your classmates who make me continue my passion for being a teacher. Each of you make me laugh in your own special way. You have a character, personality, and mannerisms that no one else has. I love showing off you and your 21 classmates when we walk down the hallways. Not that our class is perfect, because none is, but I am just so proud of who you all have become just in three, going on four, weeks. I feel like I have known you for months now. Did you know you have already grown so much since the first day I met you? It's true.

There are times that I have to be strict, which can be misunderstood as mean. But as your teacher, I will do everything I can to keep you safe, respected, and learning. I have high expectations for what you learn and how you behave. I know you can reach your full potential. I know you can do anything you set your mind to. I know sometimes you have questions you're afraid to ask. Don't be afraid. I know sometimes you want to raise your hand to respond, but you're unsure if it's the right answer. Don't be unsure. Be bold, have confidence, and never quit.

I know there are many issues out there in the world that can be scary. Things like bullying, money, fights, tragedies, natural disasters are out there. They are no fun to deal with. I want you to know that I am here for you. I want you to come to me if you're ever scared, sad, mad, or confused. I am always here for you.

I know it is still early in the school year, but I'm already thinking about May when you all will soon be fourth graders. This year will fly. I need to bring my camera and take pictures of you all. It's in the little moments that big memories are made. I love having each of you in my class as my family and community of learners. As I write this on a Friday night, I am exhausted. You all exhaust me to the max every week. But I love it. I know that you all make all the work worth it.

So thank you for being you. Thank you for being in my third grade class. You are amazing in your own way. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I love my weekends, but I look forward to seeing you again on Monday morning.

Love,
Ms. Leung :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers