September 4, 2011

Do what you love. Love what you do.

Yes, I am trying to have a life outside of being a teacher. I love my job, I do. But there comes a time (like now) when I realize that there's more to being a teacher than teaching. Exhaustion, overwhelming amounts of work and pressure that I put on myself (I am my own worst critic), and trying to keep up with the Energizer bunny has finally resulted in me having a cold. My first sickness of the school year. So I'm giving myself some "me time."

In the midst of grading papers, calculating grades, typing lesson plans, and trying to breathe through my congested nostrils, I have re-claimed my love for Pinterest, Glee, shopping, and sleeping.

Pinterest. If you haven't found this amazing addiction, don't. That is unless you have a solid afternoon free. Whenever I feel the need for inspiration for literally anything, Pinterest gives it to me. This is my current inspired image via Pinterest:


Other favorites from my boards:



Source: google.com via PJ on Pinterest





Yes, I could go on. This is my go-to website when I'm bored.

Glee. Season 3 is about to start on September 20th. Could I be more excited? In preparation, I recently (finally) bought season 1 on DVD. I don't know why it took so long.




Shopping. Now that the second paycheck is rolling in soon, I am loosening the wallet-strings a little bit and giving into some fall must-haves. I can't wear jeans or leggings to school, which is fine. As long as I can still have my scarves. If you know anything about me and clothes, I'm a sucker for any cute scarf. I have close to 20. It's kind of an addiction.
Yes please.

Source: google.com via Ellen on Pinterest






I recently ventured to Green Hills, a shopper's paradise...if you have the bank account to spend. I'm not going psycho with spending money on shopping for myself now that I have to budget for an apartment, rent, insurance, and classroom supplies. But a girl can window shop and dream.

Sleeping. My weekends are wonderful because I can finally recharge. During the week, I don't realize how tired I become. It's not usually until Friday night that I feel my body being literally drained and depleted of any energy. I'd love to say I spend the majority of my weekends sleeping, but that's a lie. The two (in this case three) days I get to do non-school related things, I am learning that I love spending time with friends, driving to Nashville, hitting up cute little coffee shops, and just being somewhere that isn't school or home. I love both, but that's where I am five days a week. And sleeping sure is blissful.

Source: flickr.com via Steph on Pinterest



Each day as Ms. Leung is a wonderful and exciting adventure. I never truly know what the day entails until it happens.


I am so glad to have the time to write another post again, something I've been wanting to do around 9:30 every night as my eyes get heavy and my pillow is calling me. Despite all the work and pressure I put on myself, I am thankful and would not trade it for anything :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers