Now my to-do list has grown some more, but I plan on taking that challenge head-on for the next four days! I would love to add carpet, some more chairs, and possibly a bookshelf. But there's also a lot of paper work that goes along with the fun of room decorating. Organization is usually my thing, but yesterday I had trouble even finding my checkbook among my semi-opened moving boxes!
I know I'm keeping this really short, but I have a lot to do! Here are some random thoughts that popped in my mind last night as I thought about the things you don't really realize about teachers:
- You don't have to but desperately want to spend lots of your own money for your classroom. It's not really the cute factor for me, but the fact that I want the best materials for my kids. It's hard, but definitely not a hassle.
- A quality hot-glue gun is a must.
- You may end up spending your first couple weekends at school. I plan on doing just that.
- You have to make the best use of your time. Efficiency is key. Which is why I have to go now!
- Amidst the big goals you want to get accomplished for the day, you find the most joy in the little things. I.e., two of my boys said, "No, I don't want to leave yet" and "But you're such a nice teacher" as the dismissal announcements came on. Love it!
Source: weheartit.com via Julie Anna on Pinterest


No comments:
Post a Comment