August 22, 2011

Another post without pictures.

My internet is slow as molasses right now (10 points for a simile!) and I've tried multiple times loading pictures...but they'll be added later to this post.

So Monday marked Week 3 of school. Things are slowly (very slowly) but surely becoming less overwhelming and new. I love love love every minute of being a teacher, even though some moments are less exciting and glamorous than others. But I can definitely see how rewarding it is.

I rearranged my room this weekend a bit.

And I organized big time! Finally bought some hanging folders for my homeroom students, math class students, and reading class students.

And my aunt had some leftover carpet at her house, which I have used for the reading corner...which I have now moved to the front of the classroom.

I guess I was in a classroom renovation mood this weekend, because I also spent a good 30 minutes rearranging everyone's desks. Speaking of desks, mine is a lot better than how it was last week!

I am still more tired than ever when I come home. I hit a mental wall around 3:00pm, and I desperately search for caffeine of some sort. No afternoon caffeine source came to me all last week in the afternoons, which left me in a zombie-like mode. Okay, not really, but you get the point.
No matter how much I plan and plan and plan, there are still some mornings I stare blankly at my plan-filled week and think I have no idea what I'm going to do. But I've learned not to stress. It all comes with time. Thursday was definitely my best day as far as feeling the most comfortable and confident with teaching.

Do I ever have non-teaching news? Yes! On Saturday, I spent the whole day with my brother. This is a rare occasion in which just him and I get to spend some one-on-0ne time together. I tease him sometimes and say that I'm going to work with his 3rd grade teacher and we're going to give him double homework. He says, "Oh, man! NOOO!" Oh, brothers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers