August 9, 2011

I'd say it's a success.

Well, after the first full day of school yesterday and parent night tonight, and me spending 13 hours on both days working, I'd say it's a success I am still alive and wanting to type this post. I am incredibly excited about these amazing 22 third graders I have. They are AMAZING. Seriously. Of course, I am nailing down behavior, rules, procedures early on so they know I mean what I say. With that said, these kids are hilarious, wise, and they have the sweetest personalities. I can see some definite strengths in all of them.

Secondly, I have to brag on how helpful my parents have been. From day one, I knew that I would have easy, open communication with my students' families. They have been a joy to work with thus far.

Goodness, I could go on and on, but it's 10:30, which is now WAY past my bedtime. This has been my routine every day for the past week and a half: come home, eat dinner, shower, do something school-related (yes, I bring home school stuff to work on, so what?!), then bed by 9. 9:30 at the latest. Ok. Hoping for a more insightful post this weekend rather than this ramble-ly briefing. Until then, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers