November 23, 2011

I was here. {endless thank-yous}

Some silly "I'm thankful for..." things:
  1. Pinterest (for inspirational ideas and letting my mere novice creativity blossom)
  2. A safe & cozy apartment
  3. An iPhone
  4. A classroom
  5. Twitter for keeping me updated on friends' lives (even if it is just about what they made for lunch or how they hate their class/job)
  6. Diet coke & coffee
  7. A comfy bed
So time to get serious. In the season of thankfulness, I am beyond happy with all that God's provided this year. This year I graduated with my Masters degree, had the most fun summer, found a big-girl job, started a big-girl job being Ms. Leung the third grade teacher, moved to a new city, moved into a new apartment...WOW. It's a overwhelming when I think of the roller coaster I've been on this year.
Graduate hooding.

Summer road trip to Chicago.

Welcome to Ms. Leung's classroom. So much work to be done!

Still amazed even now that this is my classroom.

It certainly has not been easy. I remember staying up countless nights writing a 50-ish page research paper after being at school for eight hours. I remember freaking out many times this summer over money and the fact that I was eating pasta and frozen chicken nuggets on a nightly basis. I remember that late July Monday when I rolled out of Knoxville and cried the whole way in the car.

But God has been so faithful and I've lacked the humility at times to be constantly thankful. I'm so thankful for my parents who have raised me, nurtured me, and given me those hard-working roots. I'm thankful for my old, new, near, and far friends who have kept me laughing and loving. I can't believe I get to wake up every morning before the sun is even close to rising to go to school.






I love this Beyonce song "I Was Here" because it reminds me that life does not last forever. Each moment of my life and yours is limited. Make it last. Love these lyrics.

"I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time, know there was something there, and something that I left behind. When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets. Leave something to remember, so they won't forget.
I want to say I lived each day, until I die, and know that I meant something in, somebody's life. The hearts I have touched, will be the proof that I leave, that I made a difference, and this world will see.
I just want them to know that I gave my all, did my best, brought someone to happiness, left this world a little better just because...
I was here/I lived, I loved/I was here I did, I've done, everything that I wanted/And it was more than I thought it would be/I will leave my mark so everyone will know I was here."



1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Ada! You have accomplished much this year and have a lot to be proud of. God is so good!

    PS: Hope you make another road trip to Chicago sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers