7. School supplies. I know, how teacher nerdy of me. It's true though. I get really happy when I see 10-cent notebooks on sale during tax-free weekend. I'm that girl that buys 2 cases of those, a gazillion glue sticks, and countless construction paper.
6. Seeing all my co-workers and fellow awesome educators.
5. Dressing up. I love my t-shirts and gym shorts, but good gracious it'll be nice to not look like I rolled out of bed.
4. Improving. After the first year on my own is now over, I have reflected and seen how to make myself a better teacher in various aspects.
3. The school community. I love our supportive group of parents and families.
2. The class roll. Only teachers know why.
1. Seeing last year's students, hopefully embracing these fourth grade rascals with some major hugs and summer summaries. This is something I'm looking forward to the most! I absolutely LOVED my 22 Class of 2021 stinkers, and I'm pumped about seeing their sweet faces.

Speaking of things I'm anticipating, some of you know I've recently joined an awesome church in M'Boro. It took months of careful prayer and talking to God because it is an important decision that he had laid on my heart. Praise God! I know feel more connected to him through the amazing people I've met. Now I'm getting involved with the college ministry and preschool ministry. Like the church membership decision, I was asking God what the right thing to do was. I did not want to get plugged into a ministry that 1) God was not calling me to and 2) one I could not invest time in long-term. I'm so pumped about serving God at NVBC through these ministries and other servant opportunities.
God is so great. This summer has been so great. It's really been a summer of self-growth, utter trust and self-reliance on God, and gratefulness of life. I wish I could write and ramble on forever about the little lessons he's taught me and continues to teach me. Sometimes I wonder if I write too much about the positives in life, whether people may perceive my life as picture perfect. Really it's not. I've had many towers in life try to pull me down (confidence, loneliness, competitiveness, jealousy, anger). But when you put your complete faith in God, he is your eternal tower. I wish I could spend all day with you my friends, old and new, and we'd have a brag session on God!

Til next time!
P.S. there are some of you out there who haven't blogged in a looong and I have no clue about your life...you know who you are and what you need to do! ;)
6. Seeing all my co-workers and fellow awesome educators.
5. Dressing up. I love my t-shirts and gym shorts, but good gracious it'll be nice to not look like I rolled out of bed.
4. Improving. After the first year on my own is now over, I have reflected and seen how to make myself a better teacher in various aspects.
3. The school community. I love our supportive group of parents and families.
2. The class roll. Only teachers know why.
1. Seeing last year's students, hopefully embracing these fourth grade rascals with some major hugs and summer summaries. This is something I'm looking forward to the most! I absolutely LOVED my 22 Class of 2021 stinkers, and I'm pumped about seeing their sweet faces.
This may be my last post for a while since the craziness and chaos of school beginning will hit me soon. This is my last week of summer, as teacher conferences will begin next week and school starting the following week. So why not go out with a bang!? It's my birthday week and the OLYMPICS are starting! I will literally be DVR'ing every Olympic event if I'm busy. I love watching the Summer Olympics. Of course Lochte and Phelps will be terrific to watch. But I am also pumped about Jordyn Wieber and Gabby Douglas. And young & humble Missy Franklin. Even watching water polo is going to be awesome. Okay, last one: British accents!

Speaking of things I'm anticipating, some of you know I've recently joined an awesome church in M'Boro. It took months of careful prayer and talking to God because it is an important decision that he had laid on my heart. Praise God! I know feel more connected to him through the amazing people I've met. Now I'm getting involved with the college ministry and preschool ministry. Like the church membership decision, I was asking God what the right thing to do was. I did not want to get plugged into a ministry that 1) God was not calling me to and 2) one I could not invest time in long-term. I'm so pumped about serving God at NVBC through these ministries and other servant opportunities.
God is so great. This summer has been so great. It's really been a summer of self-growth, utter trust and self-reliance on God, and gratefulness of life. I wish I could write and ramble on forever about the little lessons he's taught me and continues to teach me. Sometimes I wonder if I write too much about the positives in life, whether people may perceive my life as picture perfect. Really it's not. I've had many towers in life try to pull me down (confidence, loneliness, competitiveness, jealousy, anger). But when you put your complete faith in God, he is your eternal tower. I wish I could spend all day with you my friends, old and new, and we'd have a brag session on God!

Til next time!
P.S. there are some of you out there who haven't blogged in a looong and I have no clue about your life...you know who you are and what you need to do! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment