Before I even get to those pesky power points that I can't quite get motivated to do until I blog, I am in complete peace in what God has got me thinking and doing this summer.
1. Healthier Me. I started out this summer and am STILL continuing to eat healthier and exercise more. The fast-food loving, always eating out, laying in bed for an hour me has disappeared. If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen some of the food I'm eating now, as opposed to other overly-processed & fatty-licious items. I passed up Cow Appreciation Day recently at the beloved Chick-Fil-A because I conscientiously know that what is free & delicious & fried is not exactly what my body deserves. There are still times I go to Sweet CeCe's and splurge. In fact, I have Edy's slow-churned 1/2 the fat ice cream in my freezer right now. But I'm just saying, I'm definitely more aware of how to properly treat my body the right way now. Running used to be a stranger to me, and now I run 5-6 days a week. I think I have a workout buddy in the gym now because we go every day at the crack of dawn in the mornings at the same time. She's my accountability partner and she doesn't even know it.
Perhaps this exercising business I'm into is just a summer "fling," but I certainly am praying for consistency and perseverance. I don't want to abandon what I'm doing now when school starts back up. So many teachers do. It's easy to do that too. So pray for me about that.
Perhaps this exercising business I'm into is just a summer "fling," but I certainly am praying for consistency and perseverance. I don't want to abandon what I'm doing now when school starts back up. So many teachers do. It's easy to do that too. So pray for me about that.
2. Church Me. After being a regular attendee at the church I've been going to for almost a year, I recently joined! I've been praying for it for a looong time. It was not until I went back to Calvary in Knoxville that I realized how much I've missed having a church family to care and to be cared for. This fall, I'll be getting involved & serving in the college ministry. So exciting. If you're ever in town, please join me at NVBC!
3. Hopeful Me. In this season of my life, I've also learned to be more hopeful. I worry so much sometimes. At times, I am truly my own worst enemy. Most of the time I am very grateful and optimistic about life. I love my life. I love the people in my life. However, sometimes that little voice comes in and I worry about not doing my best at my job. I worry about my car breaking down or getting a flat tire. I worry about horrible diseases I could potentially have. I worry about personal finances. I worry about future and past relationships. I worry about broken friendships. I worry about family. I worry about what others think about me. Don't tell me you don't worry about the same things sometimes.
--->>The good news that we forget a lot: GOD WINS.

He already knows every thought that goes through our puny heads-- the good, the great, and the horribly false thoughts. So even if you/I/we worry, he's already got it all mapped out. He's in so much control of our lives that he calls us to be still. Not to be still as in sit on the couch all day and do nothing. Rather he means you don't need to worry, fret, and fill your minds with craziness. I've learned that if I place my hope in God instead of money, power, man, jobs, iPhones, car, or (insert worldly want), I can do so much more of what he calls me to do.

He already knows every thought that goes through our puny heads-- the good, the great, and the horribly false thoughts. So even if you/I/we worry, he's already got it all mapped out. He's in so much control of our lives that he calls us to be still. Not to be still as in sit on the couch all day and do nothing. Rather he means you don't need to worry, fret, and fill your minds with craziness. I've learned that if I place my hope in God instead of money, power, man, jobs, iPhones, car, or (insert worldly want), I can do so much more of what he calls me to do.
4. No Me. Which leads me to No Me. Although there are places and tasks God calls all of us to, it's not us who does it. I'm learning to praise more of God's power in my every day things. Because it's summer, there have been many days that I'll wake up, go run, eat breakfast, and then I'm not really sure what I want to do. I really have to stop and pray. Where do you want me do use my time today? How can I better serve you? Take me out of this day and make it yours. God has really grabbed me by the heart, to listen to him first before anything else.
Which leads me to where I'm at now, sitting in a coffee shop with literally no plans for myself today. I'm going to sit and conjure some power points, and be still with my thoughts for God's thoughts. Have a great day.

No comments:
Post a Comment