1. School
2. School
3. TCAP
4. School
5. Going to Chicago on vacation
6. School
7. Moving out of my classroom
8. Hanging out with friends & loving Nashville
That doesn't sound like much, but I've really been overly involved with school. Today was the last day, and it's a bittersweet feeling. All my teachers out there can relate. There's nothing like that first bunch of kiddos. I know it wasn't smooth sailing this whole year, but I truly think I had an AWESOME group of 22 sweet young ladies and gentlemen. I cannot wait to see them grow some more and become amazing individuals in their families and communities.
I could go on and on with a gazillion stories about my kids, my co-workers, and my kids again, but I won't. There are just some things that need to be told or seen in real life to get the "full effect." The rest of this blog will seem as if I'm rambling.... I admit, I ramble in blogs where I want to just word-vomit everything.
Before waving "see you later" to my now fourth graders today, I had a ton-o-fun packing and moving my classroom items into storage. I am very THANKFUL to be returning to my school and be in 3rd grade again in the fall. Nevertheless, our school requires all teachers to move all their belongings in the summer. If you know me, you know I hate packing and moving. There are worse things I'd rather do. Seriously. Fortunately, I am sharing a storage unit with a teacher friend. Unfortunately, we have to move everything back out and unpack in a little over 2 months. Ugh.
Speaking of moving, I get to double-move. That's right. The moving gods think I haven't moved enough in the past 6 and a half years, so why not make me move twice in two weeks. I am moving into a one-BR apartment in exactly a week. I gotta say I'm a bit excited about living on my own. But the down side is--- MOVING.
Ok, I think I'll stop my rambling now about moving. This post is becoming more about moving than an update. Here are some other random things about my life currently:
- More people are getting engaged/married. I'm just getting more awesome. (Thanks, NPR)
- I'm in love with Nashville. It has become so much more awesome than back in the day.
- I am literally moving 50 feet away. Can I just snap my fingers and be done?
- I bought a living room sofa and a loveseat. Check one off the list!
- I love Instagram.
- I'm still addicted to Pinterest.
- I've realized that there are some cruel people in this world. I'm not talking about robbers or murders necessarily, although they are scumbags, too. I'm talking about not-so-faithful husbands, arrogant people, and gossipers. Nothing necessarily directed to me. It just makes me very thankful for the people that are in my life now. Just carry on, be nice to everyone, and be yourself.
- I'm itching to travel. It's my summer vaca. So vaca I will.
- I miss my college friends. I wish you all would the best right now. I wish you would come visit. I wish we could still be close. But most of all, I wish you all the best.
- I need a new hobby. Hoping to find one this summer.
Happy summer, everyone. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment