- Wednesdays, which are art days, which means an extra 45 minutes of planning time. Also, Wednesdays mean that I've made it halfway through the week!
- MAKING things via Pinterest inspirations. I've always had an obsession with Pinterest, but now I'm actually making these things I pinned. More on that later...
- Seeing student growth through assessments. I can tell a huge difference in many of my students' academic skills and maturity from the time I met them in August. This year is flying by! Soon they'll be fourth graders... what?! But I love those little stinkers so much.
- Lesson planning. It's becoming less of a stress, and more of a "what can I do to help my kids succeed in [insert skill]?" As much work as it is, I can see growth in myself as a teacher through careful planning and reflecting on what works best for my kids.
- Monthly investments. Last month it was investing in those awesome doctor visits by paying lump sums of money until I reach my medical deductible. Love being a grown-up sometimes (sarcasm). This month, I invested in an air purifier! A practical investment towards my health.
- Sunsets as I'm driving home from school. Gorgeous!
New little things:
- Babies. Like newborn babies. They are just so darn cute. I'm not ready for one of my own, but I love looking at all the adorable baby stuff that's out there. It's so little, and sweet, and cuuuute. Can someone please hire me as their personal baby stylist this summer?
- Cooking at home. There's something to be said about making your own food in the comfort of your own kitchen and eating at home in your pajamas after a long day at work. I've started to love this more than going out to eat. You would have never caught me saying this last year!
- Being alone but not being lonely. Thank you, Kelly Clarkson for clarifying this. I've discovered that after 10-12 hours of having to talk to people (children and adults), I love coming home, taking a shower, making dinner, and just sitting on the couch. Just me. It's kind of blissful. I don't like this all the time, but I do cherish that time to myself.
New [Pinterest] inspirations that I've made:




No comments:
Post a Comment