I've always loved Mr. Fallon since his SNL days. His late night show is now #1 on my DVR list. He's hilarious and so creative. Check out his rendition of our favorite summer 2012 tune:
It doesn't have anything to do with my post tonight, but as a person who values creativity and grade school musical instruments, I thought I'd share.
As a huge fan of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," one of the regular bits he does is the Pro-Con List. He gives a pro and con to a specific topic, ranging from politics to breakfast. It's hilarious, mainly because the con he states is always so ridiculously over-the-top, but sometimes very true. Here's my pro-con list; no guarantees they're as funny as Mr. Fallon.
PRO: I'm loving a week off from the kids, work, and 5AMs.
CON: Next week will be killer: meetings, in-services, more meetings, three days of parent-teacher conferences, and 5AMs.
PRO: The weather getting cooler.
CON: Winter is coming, and I'll soon have to start my car 10 minutes before I leave in the mornings...brr.
PRO: Cooking lemon-pepper tomato roasted salmon and feta pasta.
CON: Cooking for 1 = leftovers for 3 days.
PRO: Halloween decorations are so pretty.
CON: Kids don't care about that. They just want candy. And the good kind.
PRO: Re-enrollment for health, dental, & vision insurance. Thank you RCS.
CON: I think I know what I chose... (clueless)
PRO: Talking to my brother for hours about how school is going.
CON: He's growing up too fast. I wish he was still three years old and playing with Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends.
PRO: Living less than 5 minutes from work.
CON: Having to look decent (sweatpants-less, brushed hair, and proper makeup) or go incognito (baseball hat and looking down as you walk through the isles of Target) in public.
PRO: Reminiscing about old college memories.
PRO: Keeping in touch with my old college friends through dinner, Skype, or the good old-fashioned phone call.
CON: That awkward moment when they don't tell you they're coming back in town. Ouch.
PRO: Watching HGTV for future home inspiration.
PRO: Thinking of the possibility of a more permanent home in the near future.
CON: That's a big girl decision I'd rather not make right now.
PRO: Waving to other runners on my morning runs.
CON: There are so many hard-core runners that pass me.
PRO: There are so many hard-core runners that pass me. Motivation.
PRO: Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
PRO: Day-to-day worries, worldly troubles, and personal trials should not matter. Jesus is our shepherd. No con about that.


No comments:
Post a Comment